Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday...




My sister says she buys tulips this time of year to encourage her that spring is coming. Since I love winter and am in no rush for it to be over, I don't share her rationale. I do, however, share in her delight at tulips, so I bought some. Do you see the appeal?

Meanwhile, my friend Chez (www.babystepscottage.blogspot.com) challenged me to join her in being thankful today for something that is not perfect. So. I am thankful for my feet! I had a pedicure today, a true treat. I am boasting hot pink nails that make me smile. My feet? Not so perfect. After an injury a few years back I have constant swelling in one leg, and a riot of really wild looking veins discolor my leg from ankle to knee. But I am not in pain and I can walk and ride and dance and work and climb and snowshoe and kayak.I can shift my truck and dig in the dirt. I can kick, too! And I am thankful, thankful for all of those things, despite the crazed appearance of my nether appendage. Thanks, Chez, for helping me remember that things don't have to be perfect to be perfectly wonderful.

No comments: