Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Falling back...


I love it when we turn the clocks back in the fall. The thin light of early morning draws me up and has me bustling about. And coming home in the deep dusk of late afternoon to my cozy home, with wood smoke threading out the chimney and warm lights welcoming me inside does my heart good. It is the season for soups and stews and comfort foods, candle light and warm, cozy clothes and fuzzy socks. In my mind all those good things are tied up with the same ribbon that turns the clock back. My husband hates the time change as does one of my friends. I suspect it is because they are not morning people. I am a morning person. I wake up feeling so... grateful. At least I do when I wake up to dawn. Waking up in the dark makes me want to grumble and roll over, pull the covers up tight and resume dreaming. I'll keep the time change and smile slightly when I hear others complain.

1 comment:

Sean Patrick said...

I hate it. What I dislike most about it is having it be dark before I leave work in the evening. yuK