Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day unfolding...

Chris and I spent the day together... running a few errands and stirring in a mixture of fun. We had some lunch at the Sea Dog in Brunswick, then hit a humongous flea market for some serious poking around. I found some treasures for Christmas gifts.


Then Rachel called and said, "Can we please get our Christmas tree today?" I was still firmly in Thanksgiving mode, but couldn't resist her enthusiasm. So we headed home and picked her up just before the sun went down. We headed to one of our favorite places to buy the annual greenery. We checked out almost every tree...
I love how the freshly cut evergreens are leaned up on this wonderful old truck. The red and green together.., and the heavy scent of balsam, it is hard to not be infused with the beauty of the season here.

There are wreaths, too, on the old barn doors... it is the picture of festiveness.



And the tradition continues... rather than trim the bottom off the tree outside like most people do, Chris hauled his chainsaw indoors, fired it up (the dogs, sensibly, scattered) and cut a clean edge. I can't watch... I am always sure the saw will hit my hardwood. So far so good... the floor remains unscathed.



Ready or not the Christmas season has begun and it will sweep me along with it. Tomorrow I will haul decorations from the garage and welcome the beauty of this time of year into our hearts and home.



3 comments:

Sean Patrick said...

Five and six picture posts, I love it! Keep em comming Daryl
* Happy Holidays *

solarity said...

A chainsaw??? Just tell Chris I cut my tree *down* with long-handled pruners! And it's six feet tall. It's a cedar, of course. (Going to do that tomorrow. Already picked out.)

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Art Blomquist said...

I guess I could use the electric chain saw.. But the big gas ones would start Christmas off with a bang - er brrruuuunnnn, brunnnnnnnn.