Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's day...

Sweet daughter Rachel came home for the weekend to spoil me on Mother's day. It is nice to have her home, I am prone to sneaking into her room in the middle of the night to just look at her, reveling in knowing she is here and safe. She is fun to be around when she is awake, too! Today we shared a time honored (maternal) family tradition and spent time "junkin'". We like to haunt antique stores, seeking treasures. We had some success today, I found a sturdy and very comfortable little stool that will be a perfect goat milking perch, and Rachel found a beautiful antique picture frame that she plans to turn into an earring holder by stapling wire screening to the back. We chatted, giggled a bit, and listened to some loud music. She gifted me with some cash so I can treat myself to a manicure or pedicure, something I enjoy but rarely indulge in. Even the goat kids remembered Mother's day. I received this bottle of "Love my Goat" wine, with a funny note. My day was sweet, from start to finish.

No comments: