Sunday, November 3, 2013

A happy day...

It is a happy day today for several reasons. First, it is a day off, and that is always a fine thing. Secondly, it was supposed to be cold and rainy, or maybe even snowy, but instead there is blue sky. Thirdly...

my friend brought me flowers and they make me smile.
But BEST of all...

My fabulous husband and talented neighbor are making an addition on the shed for the goats. The shed was tight quarters last winter for two goats and a horse, and this year I have three goats. The new addition will allow the goats to have their own space, and I can feed them where the horse will not have access to their food, a huge bonus! Plus it will be extra cozy for them and out of the wind. Fred, (our neighbor) donated a marvelous antique window so the goaty girls will even have a view!

Meanwhile these characters have been confined to the hen yard because they have to investigate every move Chris and Fred make... including sticking their nosy noses into the saw blades and knocking tools asunder.

I can hardly wait to see the finished goat palace. I know the girls will love it, too.

No comments: