Thursday, December 17, 2015

Cookies...

Most years the holiday season is so busy that I don't have time to make Christmas cookies until Christmas Eve. We eat too many, we give them to the neighbors, the chickens get the leftovers. They don't complain. This year I have been making them for the grooming studio, and it's been such fun.



I found a fun frosting recipe, too, and have been adding some sugar crystals. Not high art, but mighty tasty. I'd love to create cookies that look the way they do in magazines,but that is not my talent. However, these make up in flavor what they lack in beauty. My customers are so cute, looking all surprised about Christmas cookies and having a cup of coffee, tea or cocoa. "It's so cozy here," they tell me, and "It's so nice to take a break." They sigh deeply and settle into a rocker. I sigh,too,happily, and get to work. It's all very sweet.



The only problem is that I keep eating the cookies. They are buttery and delicious. The scales will register a gain. I've decided its worth it.

This holiday season has been delightful. Busy but not too busy. Full and festive and fine. And with all those cookies? Delicious.

No comments: