Tuesday, March 15, 2016

New Bird of Happiness...

In the previous post I mentioned that I had heard a Bluebird singing, and had caught a glimpse of him, too.  He has been  spending time in my birch tree, singing his happy springtime song. And to my delight he is frequenting the feeder where I placed some meal worms for him.  The feeder is very close to my window, and he is a bit skittish of movement, but I think he will soon get used to me.

I took this picture from just inside the window.

 Eastern Bluebirds winter over in the southeastern U.S. or Mexico.  It amazes me that these wee, delicate birds can travel hundreds or even thousands of miles between their winter territory and their summer nesting grounds.  I hope this guy can rest, stock up on food and scout out a place to woo a female and raise chicks right here at FairWinds.


1 comment:

Boisterous Bee said...

Hi Daryl,

We welcome you to the A to Z Challenge 2016. Thank you for signing up and participating in the world's biggest group of bloggers. We're so excited to have you with us on board.

We hope you're all geared up for the challenge.

All the best :)

Love,
Geets, a member of A-Z co-host AJ Lauer's wHooligan team.