Saturday, June 26, 2010

Gratitude and life...

There are days when the very pulse of life in my veins is sweet. Today was a day of rest... Chris and I spent every moment together- hitting some yard sales, checking out some favorite open air flea markets by the sea. We had lobster rolls at a beautiful harbor on a sunny picnic table, and took a nap (!) Later, we cooked sockeye salmon on the grill and sat outside in the peaceful meadow as the sun slanted down lower and lower, casting Rembrandt light over our slice of world. There was life all around us and we were infused with gratitude just to be here - now - together.

2 comments:

Sean Patrick said...

Lovely.....I see it all .....
in my minds eYe.

Kathryn Costa said...

Sounds like a lovely day. Thanks for stopping by my Mad Tea Party yesterday. You are in the drawing. Best of luck, I hope a fellow New England Blogger wins one of my pins. We shall see if Lady Luck agrees.

{{soul hugs}}
Kathryn, Collage Diva