Monday, June 28, 2010

Yard Sale bucket...

The local Agway feed/seed store has their annual plants for sale, cheap! I couldn't resist and grabbed a few six packs of root-bound, wilted things that looked half dead. The Dusty Miller, (the silvery broad leafed plant to the rear and the right) looked particularly pathetic. Another plant shopper even commented when I bought it, "You must have a kind heart, that one looks in dire need of rescue." I brought it and the other unloved plants home, smiling. Then I mixed up potting soil with some of the "black gold" compost from the compost bin that hugs my garage and receives all our egg shells and wilted lettuce and such. I put it all in this oh-so-funky yard sale bucket, which I scored for $1.00! A yucky plastic pot this size would be $15, easy. And no where near as cool.

Less than 24 hours later the plants roots have discovered room to grow. A whopping thunderstorm last night gave them an extra good drink and they look so much perkier.

No comments: