Friday, June 4, 2010

It's been a long time...


It's been a long time since a man made me cry. But today our friend Scott did just that.

Our 2 acres of land had one spot that was all scrub brush dotted by unruly brush piles. We kept meaning to burn down those brush piles, but because that seemed a little daunting, we never have. This area looked bad and really embarrassed me.

Today, moments after I got home from work, I heard a loud noise outside the window. I looked out and there was Scott, on his tractor, mowing around the piles of wood that need stacking, and around the outside perimeter of our fence. Then, to my amazement, he backed that tractor up (as nimbly as if it were a sports car) and the attachment he had on the back of that tractor was lowered over the big, messy brush pile. A loud noise ensued, and when he pulled the tractor forward the pile was reduced to, well, MULCH. He repeated this feat anywhere there was scrubby brush or burn piles. I was so overwhelmed by his kindness I stood there in the afternoon sun and cried.