Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mothers day...

First and foremost, I took time to fondly remember my mother today. Dorothy C. Waters was beautiful, kind, generous and often very funny. She loved babies and small children, and is pictured here with her first grandchild, Emily.

For my day, Chris told me we could do anything I wanted. The sun was shining, the birds singing, and I wanted to tackle some yard chores. We had two yards of good mulch loaded into the back of the truck, and while we were out we picked up a new hummingbird feeder, and a an adorable bluebird house, hand made locally by a disabled man. No two of his houses are alike, but they are all whimsically wonderful.We've had a pair of bluebirds hovering about, seemingly unimpressed by the houses we already have up. Within hours of hanging this new one, a handsome male bluebird was scoping it out, clinging to the front and peering inside. I so hope he and his mate will choose to nest there, I'd be delighted to watch them raise a brood.





Chris heroically shoveled a LOT of mulch. There is more to go, but we made a dent and things are looking prettier.

And THEN, he delighted me further by hauling heavy cinder blocks and cutting boards so I now have some benches in my wee little green house!



He grilled up a few steaks while I did evening chores, and the heavens capped off a lovely day with a colorful gift over the back meadow.



I'd say it was a pretty perfect day, all told.

No comments: