Monday, March 29, 2010

Siblings unite..!




In the spirit of stretching the celebration of my upcoming 50th birthday just as far as I possibly can, we met up with the sibling group in scenic New Hampshire yesterday. Chris chose two routes for us to get to and from our destination, both roads we had never traveled before, each beautiful. We had breathtaking views of rivers, waterfalls, lakes and soaring snow covered mountains.

A late lunch at the Yankee Smokehouse barbeque joint in West Ossipee was attended by sisters, brother, significant others and one hardy niece. We had a terrific meal with lots of laughter; especially when brother Dana read a little something he wrote called "Ode to Oopy," (my childhood nickname.) He is a funny guy.

I am feeling pretty lucky that I have family to share occassions with, and luckier still that they care enough to give up a day off to go for a drive and then buy me lunch!

1 comment:

Sean Patrick said...

"Ode to Oopy," (my childhood nickname.) He is a funny guy.


I fear you shouldn't have told me this ....Oopy.
:)sEan