Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What friends do...

 


There is something weighing heavy on my mind.
When I got home from work today, I looked around. I was not inspired to cook dinner. I was not inspired to tidy up my house. I was. Just. Not. Inspired. In fact, I was in the midst of a steaming blue funk.

The phone rang. It was my friend Marion. "Do you know what time it is?" she asked. "Uh. 5PM?" I answered.
"Close." She said, "It is the perfect time to go for a ride. Get your butt over here."

I followed instructions. And I am so glad. It was the first ride of the season. Marion had tied the horses up and brushed a pile of spring mud and shedding coat off Chanel. In no time we were up and going, our horses giddy with warm air and spring time. With every trotting step I felt my mood elevate. There is not much room for a blue funk in the saddle.

That is what friends do.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

David and Brenda Knoll said...

Yes, that is exactly what friends do. We are very blessed to have friends like that.