Thursday, April 9, 2015

I got a sticker..!

My normal operation plan is that if I am sick or injured I don't go for medical help until I'm a hot mess or my husband drags me kicking and screaming.
I vowed to turn over a new leaf in January when I developed a blood clot in my leg. My new plan is to seek medical care before things advance too far.
So when a bad dog bit me yesterday, I gave myself good first aid and paid close attention to the wound. This morning when the area was red, swollen and sore, I called my doctors office the moment they opened. They told me to come right in, and I did.

I was so proud of myself I told the nurse I need a reward. She said, "There's a toy box in the lobby, help yourself." I said, "I was hoping for a sticker." She laughed at me.
After she took my vitals and was ready to exit I quipped, "Don't forget my sticker!" She rolled her eyes so hard I could almost hear them rattle.

When the doctor came in she smiled and shook my hand. I liked her on the spot. She looked at me quizzically and said, "The nurse said I was supposed to give you this?" She handed me a big, garishly colored Barbie sticker. I peeled the back off and slapped it proudly on my chest.



Bottom line, the bite is infected. I'm on antibiotics and keeping a warm compress on it. But it's all good, and I have a Barbie sticker to prove it!

2 comments:

Stephen Tremp said...

Ewwwwww!!!! Hey, I've been there. I got a Hello Kitty sticker.


Stephen Tremp
A to Z Co-host
Twitter: @StephenTremp

Sylvia Ney said...

Love this story! New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge, and I look forward to visiting again!

Sylvia
www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com