Friday, April 17, 2015

Quiet hours...

If you believe that there are "morning people" and "night people," I fall firmly into the first category.
As much as I love my cozy bed, I rather like getting up early, before the rest of the family. I savor the quiet hour or so I have alone, as the sun creeps up behind the trees that grow to the east of the house.



I might tidy the kitchen, do a load of laundry, or do some writing. All around me the house is silent. I can hear my own breathing, because there are no voices, no music, no television. The livestock are still and calm outside the window, the dogs restful. It is time just for me.

Sometimes those early hours are among my most productive of they day. By 8 AM when I shower and dress I often think, "I've already had a full day!" Going to work can feel like a rest, if I have put those first minutes to good use.

Those early times before the day begins? I find them deeply pleasing.

No comments: